Damn there were some tough lines at the end. There is still about 1200 lines for Tower of Friends and another extra, but that’ll wait as I’m a bit tired after over five full months of morning-to-night translating. For now,
TLC and editing now begins. Hard to hypthesize how long this will take, unfortunately, especially given I’m rebuilding a lot of images to bring the PC version closer in line with the console version.
It seems I got most of the scripting commands down, and most of the editing is relatively simple, so things shouldn’t go too badly.
I seriously hope to have this ready to go before May. It’s been a year that I’ve been messing around with this VN and I really want to take a break before I continue with the main project, of which this translation is merely a secondary necessity.
Plus I wanna translate something more interesting than this dumb hypercomplex 35,000 lines troll-filled jewel about the human condition, like loli tentacle nukige with high amounts of rape.
Anyway, here’s some stats (subject to change in editing):
- Total raw lines: 41629 (excludes choices)
- Total lines in inaccessible scripts: 759
- Total lines in completely duplicated scripts: 3190
- Total duplicate lines in-script: 3124
- Highest lines-to-dupe ratio: Kiri Sendback (1168/2356 lines are duplicates)
- Total non-duplicate lines: 34556 (very rough estimation, excludes lines of pure ellipses and more)
- Translator’s comments: 6544+ (particularly subject to curtailing due to spoilers – yes, even for those who’ve read it)
- Script cross references: 544
- Terms kept consistent: 30+
- Lines that required splitting due to exceeding the 270 character limit per page: 20 (not counting the ones that would need to, but were saved by NVL)
- Uguus: 4
- References to obscure Italian 1960 movies: 2
- References to Phantasy Star II: 1
- References to Marathon: ?
- Single longest uninterrupted sentence: 526 chars (plus 1 period at the end)
- Ellipses: 12080
- Translation notes: nope