Merry Christmas! Have a translation. How nice to work on something that doesn’t boil down to too many words for Cross Channel. <- sentence I’ll regret in five years
Unfortunately, the release has a little bit of usability curve, but as long as you read the instructions carefully, there’s nothing too complicated.
WINDOWS 7/ WINDOWS 10 WARNING
The VN tends to freeze requiring termination from task manager whenever menu functions are used.
The workaround is to use keyboard shortcuts, which work fine.
DO NOT TOUCH MAIN MENU FUNCTIONS OUTSIDE OF ‘START’ AND ‘EXTRAS’.
DO NOT RIGHT CLICK WHILE PLAYING.
Use these keyboard shortcuts:
C Config menu <- USE THIS ON THE MAIN MENU AS WELL
L Load menu <- USE THIS ON THE MAIN MENU AS WELL
S Save menu
WINDOWS 10 WARNING
Opening video visuals may freeze after roughly 1 second. It is recommended to disable movies in the config menu.
Or just listen to the song to the end without visuals, the game hasn’t locked up.
The video is unsubtitled due to technical issues.
You can view a subtitled version of the video at any time with your favorite media player, the file is Subtitled Opening.m4v under the Extras folder.
Download patch here. Please support any official releases.
* Be in Japanese language settings.
* Install. There’s no need to install the 1.01 patch, it’s included.
* Unpack. SCRIPT.PAK and SYSTEM.PAK will be overwritten.
* Run. This might require multiple tries.
* You’ll be asked for the CD key. Insert it.
* After this, the VN will become unresponsive and require termination from Task Manager. Follow the instructions and this will be the last time you’ll have this problem.
* Watch your step on the main menu:
* You might want to look up a bit how music boxes work, this primer is sufficient.
How to read Chuunifurriestm
The image tells you everything you need.
The top word is the word people speak and what you should be reading. Sentences are conjugated to this word, as well.
The bottom word is a (parenthetical). It’s meant to be extra information that people shouldn’t speak or hear.
This is hardcoded and therefore untranslated. Please see the readme for an image translation.
Uses carnevore.py, mirrored in the patch as the original site appears to be down.